Stay tuned for an official press release!
Please join WISH in congratulating our newest 2018-2019 WISH Clinical Directors! We have some returning faces and some new additions to our Clinical Director team this year. We look forward to working with them to continue to advance the quality of WISH offerings across UW Medicine in the coming academic year.
• Clinical Director of Clinical Education - Paula Minton Foltz
• Clinical Director of Critical Care and Anesthesiology - Aaron Joffe
• Clinical Director of Emergency Medicine and Ambulatory Care – Liza Rosenman
• Clinical Director of Image-guided skills - Brandon Backlund
• Clinical Director of Neonatology/Pediatrics – Rachel Umoren
• Clinical Director of Surgical specialties - Jim Park
• Clinical Director of Team Performance – Peter Napolitano
Healthcare Simulation Week Trivia:
In what year did WISH open its current UWMC Surgery Pavilion location?
Submit answers to Ashipman@uw.edu or visit any WISH location to see if you’re right, and come claim a prize!
WISH will be celebrating Healthcare Simulation Week again this year with events at all three of our sites from September 17-21. See below for detailed event descriptions and schedules.
WISH Drop-in Open Houses:
Curious about WISH? Want to learn more about how to get involved or how WISH might help support your educational goals? Come on over to WISH and meet our team!
WISH Appreciation Events:
WISH is all about the healthcare professionals we support. Stop by, say hi, have a slice of cake or a treat, and let us thank you for everything you do to advance healthcare education!
SimMan is hiding around UWMC…find and return him to WISH UWMC (Surgery Pavilion) to win a prize!
WISH UWMC –
Tuesday, 9/18, 12-4PM – Drop-In Open House
Wednesday, 9/19, 12-4PM – Appreciation Event
All Week – Find Sim Man!
WISH HMC –
Tuesday, 9/18, 12-4PM – Appreciation Event
Thursday 9/20, 12-4PM – Drop-In Open House
WISH NWH –
Monday, 9/17 – 8AM-Noon – Appreciation Event
Tuesday, 9/18 – 12-4PM – Drop-In Open House
Follow WISH on the Internet:
Twitter and Instagram @WISH_UWash –
Follow along! Event postings and updates throughout the week.
Website: https://wish.washington.edu/ –
Starting Monday, 9/17, find a simulation trivia question on our website and come to WISH with the answer for a prize!
The 2018 ACS AEI Hot Topics Series starts this summer with 3D Printing for Medical Training: The Future of 3D Printing Patient-Specific Anatomical Models, on Wednesday, August 22, 10-11 AM PST/12-1 PM CST/1-2 PM EST. Conducted by the AEI Technologies and Simulation Committee’s Troy Reihsen (University of Washington CREST), this webinar will present novel methods and processes for source data collection (MRI and CT DICOM Datasets), segmentation, preparation of files for printing (tool paths, orientation, and slicing), printers, materials, and post processing.
If you would like to attend this session, please confirm via email@example.com or 312-202-5415, by Friday, August 17. Instructions on how to join this webinar will be sent to confirmed participants on Monday, August 20.
Dr. Rob Sweet, Executive Director of the WWAMI Institute for Simulation in Healthcare (WISH), is seeking Clinical Directors for the 2018-2019 WISH Program.
Ideal applicants are clinicians with strong education interests/backgrounds in the following areas, and are prepared to:
- Represent the clinical stakeholders within your domain across departments for simulation across UW Medicine;
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to course directors who conduct courses within the core areas of specialty;
- Provide guidance to the development of new initiatives that correlate with UW Medicine strategic goals and priorities;
- Ensure integrity and integration across courses;
- Serve on grant review team to grant resources to programs;
- Chair multidisciplinary champion groups;
- Provide annual report of activities and perceived successes and future projects;
- Serve as a member of the Board of Clinical Directors which meets quarterly.
The following seven positions represent core skill sets that spans across UW Medicine departments/disciplines.
1. Clinical Director of Clinical Education
2. Clinical Director of Critical Care and Anesthesiology
3. Clinical Director of Emergency Medicine and Ambulatory Care
4. Clinical Director of Image-guided skills
5. Clinical Director of Neonatology/Pediatrics
6. Clinical Director of Surgical specialties
7. Clinical Director of Team Performance
- The Clinical Directors will report to WISH Executive Director, Dr. Rob Sweet as it relates to the Clinical Director position, and will have access to administrative staff to help perform the above duties;
- The term of service is a one year period. Each Clinical Director will be allotted $5,000 to be used at their discretion for their service;
- Clinical Directors will be responsible for coordination and oversight of specialty specific committees and events as needed/requested. This may include recruitment/participation in the following:
- Annual Interprofessional Education Events (e.g., Capstone)
- Annual community outreach events
- WISH promotional events (high profile tours, etc.).
- All University of Washington clinical personnel qualified under one of the clinical areas outline above (based in Seattle or the WWAMI region) are eligible to submit an application.
Applications should address the following:
- Letter of support from their Department Chair
- Brief Personal Statement (1 Page Limit) to include which area/discipline you are applying
Period for Nominations is now open!
Applications will be accepted until August 15th
Clinical Director Start Date: September 1, 2018
Please send nominations/applications to Megan Sherman.