Dr. Rob Sweet, Executive Director of the WWAMI Institute for Simulation in Healthcare (WISH), is seeking Clinical Directors for the 2018-2019 WISH Program.
Ideal applicants are clinicians with strong education interests/backgrounds in the following areas, and are prepared to:
- Represent the clinical stakeholders within your domain across departments for simulation across UW Medicine;
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to course directors who conduct courses within the core areas of specialty;
- Provide guidance to the development of new initiatives that correlate with UW Medicine strategic goals and priorities;
- Ensure integrity and integration across courses;
- Serve on grant review team to grant resources to programs;
- Chair multidisciplinary champion groups;
- Provide annual report of activities and perceived successes and future projects;
- Serve as a member of the Board of Clinical Directors which meets quarterly.
The following seven positions represent core skill sets that spans across UW Medicine departments/disciplines.
1. Clinical Director of Clinical Education
2. Clinical Director of Critical Care and Anesthesiology
3. Clinical Director of Emergency Medicine and Ambulatory Care
4. Clinical Director of Image-guided skills
5. Clinical Director of Neonatology/Pediatrics
6. Clinical Director of Surgical specialties
7. Clinical Director of Team Performance
- The Clinical Directors will report to WISH Executive Director, Dr. Rob Sweet as it relates to the Clinical Director position, and will have access to administrative staff to help perform the above duties;
- The term of service is a one year period. Each Clinical Director will be allotted $5,000 to be used at their discretion for their service;
- Clinical Directors will be responsible for coordination and oversight of specialty specific committees and events as needed/requested. This may include recruitment/participation in the following:
- Annual Interprofessional Education Events (e.g., Capstone)
- Annual community outreach events
- WISH promotional events (high profile tours, etc.).
- All University of Washington clinical personnel qualified under one of the clinical areas outline above (based in Seattle or the WWAMI region) are eligible to submit an application.
Applications should address the following:
- Letter of support from their Department Chair
- Brief Personal Statement (1 Page Limit) to include which area/discipline you are applying
Period for Nominations is now open!
Applications will be accepted until August 15th
Clinical Director Start Date: September 1, 2018
Please send nominations/applications to Megan Sherman.